Monday, June 2, 2008

Doesn't everyone have a dead fish phase?


Whilst looking for something else (of course), I came across this little study of small trout. There's a fish hatchery conveniently located on my usual walking route, so one morning I stopped in and asked for some cooperative models. A few minutes later I was the happy owner of a bag of frozen hatchery failures.

There was, of course, the matter of having to carry this bag about 2 miles home, but I wasn't worried about it. The air was cool and it was early and I hardly EVER run in to anyone I know on the trail.

The punch line is obvious, isn't it?

That particular day still holds the record for number of acquaintances encountered and explanations proffered. But I got nice sketches, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...