Monday, August 25, 2008

In a little mood

It's been one of those days.

Everything I tried to do was thwarted by outside forces:

1) My host is moving my email to a new server so I can have a little more space. This requires access to my domain registration. Let's just say it took several tries to get that information right. When I finally did get it, I sent it off to my host.

2) Little did I know that this change would mean that my email went down at mid-day and has remained down. I left a message.

3) I went to Wal-Hell to pick up a few things. I hate to go there, but sometimes you just gotta. For the second time in 2 weeks they declined my check. So I called Telecheck. Three (!) years ago my checkbook was stolen. I closed the account immediately, but of course the thieves wrote checks. All of which bounced, because the account was closed. I have straightened this out with the check companies AT LEAST 8 times since then, but for incomprehensible reasons it pops up again from time to time. Now I have to go through the whole mess AGAIN tomorrow.

4) Whilst at the aforementioned store, I discovered that the door lock on the passenger side of the car isn't working. Tug on it a few times, and it pops right open. Okay for Salida. Not so okay if I'm going anywhere else. Wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't just taken the car in a couple of weeks ago because the driver's side door wouldn't open even WITH the key.

5) I started work on an overdue project, only to discover that crucial information is missing. This requires a site visit. Forward momentum stalled until Thursday.

6) I'm taking care of a friend's online business while she's away. Today an order came through that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. It's still on the desk.

7) I went to the post office. Forgot to take part of the mail. Had to go back.

8) Something ate the rest of my tiny eggplants.

Needless to say, I spent the afternoon drinking an espresso milkshake and eating chips. Can you say "cranky"?

So, since I was already in a little mood, I decided that I was also in a Little Mood. As in little linocuts. Went to the lumber yard up the street, got a dozen little 3x3" pressboard blocks cut. Mounted lino. Made some drawings. Started carving.

Feel much better now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like you had a bad day but the little lino cuts saved the day. So will those be one color? Sorry if I sound dumb about this. I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Hi Toni! Yep, these are just printed in black for now (90 little pieces of paper are presently scattered across the studio with wet ink). I may change my mind later, but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwww, rough day but GREAT lino cuts! Oh man...I just LOVE the lynx! Ya know, awhile back you saw an older vid of yourself working with the lynx...I'd seen it a long time ago. [sigh] Yeah, I've been jealous of you before I ever knew who you were! LOL

    I'm convinced that sometimes things happen just so that we'll slow down and go 'play'. Okay, your art is your job, but we know you love it, too! Beautiful work, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, thanks Beverly. (Can you see me blushing from there?) Just for you, the little lynx went up on today's post.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...