It's been one of those days.
Everything I tried to do was thwarted by outside forces:
1) My host is moving my email to a new server so I can have a little more space. This requires access to my domain registration. Let's just say it took several tries to get that information right. When I finally did get it, I sent it off to my host.
2) Little did I know that this change would mean that my email went down at mid-day and has remained down. I left a message.
3) I went to Wal-Hell to pick up a few things. I hate to go there, but sometimes you just gotta. For the second time in 2 weeks they declined my check. So I called Telecheck. Three (!) years ago my checkbook was stolen. I closed the account immediately, but of course the thieves wrote checks. All of which bounced, because the account was closed. I have straightened this out with the check companies AT LEAST 8 times since then, but for incomprehensible reasons it pops up again from time to time. Now I have to go through the whole mess AGAIN tomorrow.
4) Whilst at the aforementioned store, I discovered that the door lock on the passenger side of the car isn't working. Tug on it a few times, and it pops right open. Okay for Salida. Not so okay if I'm going anywhere else. Wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't just taken the car in a couple of weeks ago because the driver's side door wouldn't open even WITH the key.
5) I started work on an overdue project, only to discover that crucial information is missing. This requires a site visit. Forward momentum stalled until Thursday.
6) I'm taking care of a friend's online business while she's away. Today an order came through that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. It's still on the desk.
7) I went to the post office. Forgot to take part of the mail. Had to go back.
8) Something ate the rest of my tiny eggplants.
Needless to say, I spent the afternoon drinking an espresso milkshake and eating chips. Can you say "cranky"?
So, since I was already in a little mood, I decided that I was also in a Little Mood. As in little linocuts. Went to the lumber yard up the street, got a dozen little 3x3" pressboard blocks cut. Mounted lino. Made some drawings. Started carving.
Feel much better now.