Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's not looking good for our hero

As promised, I kept going on this little experimental piece this weekend, despite feeling distracted and out of sorts. Yup, I've made quite the mess.

There's not a whole lot to recommend what I've done here, but I AM learning things. Three colors have been added since the last post, bringing the total to ten. Too many for a 3 x 3 inch piece! The mid-tone blue has turned out to be jarring and distracting.... not sure if I can remedy that with an 11th color or not. We'll see.

On the up side, we have been without snow for what? 4 or 5 days, now? And it looks like we're going to get a few more vitamin-D-infusers in the week ahead. Yippee! I'm twitchy to clean things out in the yard and get on with the growing season, but it will be at least another month before I can do that with any sort of confidence. Late April blizzards are par for the course around here.

But now, right now, it's a clear Sunday evening and the moon is nearly full. Moonglow sifts through my studio window, filtered by the juniper tree out back. (Hmmm.... potential lino?) The Darling Man has spent the weekend hard at work on tunes for a new CD and in between print and drawing expeditions I've exercised my Domestic Goddess muscles. We're finally ready for some R'n'R. That is, of course, why Monday is less than 3 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...