Monday, March 15, 2010

We now return you to the program in progress

Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge in afternoon light


Wow! Last week was quite the adventure! Between the DIA installation, deadlines for two other exhibitions, and preparations for this past weekend's workshop I sort of lost track of which end was up. I think everything ended up where it was supposed to be.... at least by this morning there was only one thing left to ship and it matched the label on the shipping crate.

The Monte Vista Crane Festival was fun, as always. (It's hard to go wrong with 15-20,000 sandhill cranes in one area!) But this year I scheduled a Field Sketching Basics class at the festival for the first time and I definitely had the pre-class jitters that come with working in an unfamiliar situation.

Saturday morning dawned pretty chilly, but warmed up quickly with the energy and enthusiasm of my participants. Nervousness immediately turned to delight as the personality of the group emerged.

Let's just say I haven't laughed so much in quite a while.

As always, the allotted time passed WAY too quickly. Thanks Diana, Tamara, Susan, Jackie, Mary Susan, Jan, Nancy, Tiffany, Steve, and birthday girl Brenda for a great morning!

Hard at work! Thanks to Diana for remembering to take photos.

So now it's back to the studio, where design work and uncarved lino blocks have been patiently waiting for my attention. The next challenge to my focus?

SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...