Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Well, THIS is better...

Happiness is a drying rack of new prints-in-progress.

We're still feeling a bit sub-par here in the Heart of the Rockies, but both the DM and I have gone enough stir crazy to send us back to our respective studios, coughing and sneezing be damned. David's working madly on a new CD, and I have finally started some new relief prints.

Last weekend I mounted two largeish blocks, one 12 x 18 and the other 12 x 16, for some ambitious linocuts. I'm still waiting on the arrival of new paper, however, so although I'm twitchy to get one of them underway I'm stalled for at least another week. And sorry... I debated posting a photo of the drawn-up 12 x 18 block but I've decided I'd rather have it be a surprise. You'll just have to wait.


In the meantime, I drew up a smaller block... revisiting an image I tried last year but didn't feel was successful. The first two colors didn't require any carving, so this morning I tore down paper and got to work. Both the blue and the tiny spot of violet were put down using stencils and went quickly. I'm printing on the "natural" color Awagami Kozo again. So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps all that sneezing will inspire you to do some spatte...No, I'm not even going to finish that.

    Taps nails on desk, impatiently waiting linocut surprise

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...