Friday, August 10, 2012

Fieldwork Friday: Images from the Road

The crazy pace of the last couple of months is starting to take its toll. I am tired. One more workshop to teach next week in Rocky Mountain National Park and then, JOY! I'm more or less home until early September.

I'm sure I don't need to point out that Brush and Baren has been sadly neglected, but I do want you to know that I know and have been acutely aware of the problem. Next week. After next week I KNOW that I have to get a linocut on the table, so I promise a return to the baren portion of the program shortly.

In the meantime, a few recent-ish pages from my journal to keep you company...

Lake Erie from the plane, leaving Ohio enroute to Maine.

A quiet morning in my friend Juanita's backyard, Maine.

Boat at mooring near Hog Island.

Eel grass and twigs below the Queen Mary building,
Hog Island.

Pinyon jays in my own yard. Home again.

5 comments:

  1. We/ve missed you, Sherrie. Your field sketching is amazing - great detail, color and skillful drawing! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Sherrie! Love the field sketches; as Wendy says, amazing detail and color along with your superb drawing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a treat to see your sketches from your journeys, and it's really lovely to know you're back home again. The 'hood has missed you! I hope you can rest up in between all the demands on your time and attention. No rest and no printing makes for a very cranky artist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls... thanks for the virtual hugs. I'm just back from RMNP... exhausted, but looking forward to getting back to some print time next week. Once I find my table again, that is. Did all this junk really come out of my car?

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...