Friday, November 2, 2012

A little more magpie

I've managed to eek out one more color pass using the scraps of previous inks, this one a straight green roll. Now all there is to do is drum my fingers on the bench, waiting for the new cans of base to arrive.


Well, no, that's not entirely true. I'm off in a few minutes to deliver two linocuts and one woodcut/linocut hybrid(!) to the juried "Colors of Change" show at Coutura Design Inspirations in Colorado Springs. I don't have the slightest idea what to expect from this venue or exhibition, but I'm hoping that they'll integrate the work into the design showrooms. It's always fun to see pieces in an "actual" environment (even if it's staged), because that's really how we live with art: Over the sofa or next to the bookcase.

The exhibition opens tomorrow evening, 5-8 pm.

6 comments:

  1. It's fun seeing your magpie slowly revealing himself :). Good luck with the show.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully the base shows up soon :) the magpie is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrie, I wonder if you can help me. Please can you do a review of the table top press that you took delivery of in April 2011. I'm looking at buying a Gerstaeker table top and can't find any reviews about it. I know yours is a different make, but it would still be helpful. Many thanks in anticipation - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just meant to say, I'm really impressed with your work and love reading your blog. I only came upon it recently but have read the whole thing - it's great. So, thanks for sharing. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jean... That's a good idea. I haven't really used the press that much, which ought to tell us something right there. But it's been useful in a couple of situations, so worth sharing. I'll try to get on that subject soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...