Friday, January 11, 2013

Holy Printpaper, Batman!

Yes, this is the start of a new print. Yes, that's a yardstick next to the block/paper in the jig. Yes, the paper is longer than the yardstick. (The lino block not quite as long.) Yes, I think I might be crazy.


Took me close to three hours to get the first color printed on 15 sheets. It's a heckuva lot of baren-power. I'd have printed a few more, but I didn't mix enough ink! Yeah, apparently I don't know how to guesstimate for something this size. It's gonna be fun. Stay tuned.


7 comments:

  1. I'd really need to see this cos I cannot imagine how the bejeezlehoop you can print with that overhang(off the edge of the jig) and not get a crease.
    Definitely staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Di says, I'm nervous just looking at it. Bound to be beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with that giant paper, Sherrie! I printed something similarly long by hand and it's HARD to get each sheet down without moving or smudging the ink. Of course, if anyone can do it, you can!

    I look forward to seeing the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! Can't wait to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-D Well, I've been carving, carving, carving for the second color. Funny how it's taking longer than usual.

    I'm already a bit worried about registration, despite having been really careful with the first color. I thought about beefing up the first color with a second pass and already had registration issues. Oops. I'm hoping it's just the one sheet... we'll find out!

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...