Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Here... and gone.... and then back!

I arrived home late last night– twenty hours, two planes, a shuttle, a truck, and a car after I left Maine. Not a case in which getting there was half the fun. And of course I'm blowing out again day after tomorrow to exhibit at the Crested Butte Arts Festival. (Come on up!)

As always, my time in Maine was spectacular. Our Educator's Week workshop at Hog Island Audubon Camp was great fun, although the first two days we had uncharacteristically hot and humid weather. This arid interior dweller thought she was gonna die. Or at least melt.

But I survived... we all did. No, I take that back. I didn't survive, I flourished. And I think our campers did, too. One of them made this video of the experience... Thanks, Paul... I love it.



Sharing Nature: An Educator's Week from Paul Stoutenburgh on Vimeo.

In other news... I came home to the announcement that "Wave Runners" was selected for the traveling exhibition of the Society of Animal Artists' Art and the Animal, which means it will be on the road through 2014. Yay!


The Shy Rabbit Print International opened last weekend in Pagosa Springs. But, hey! Look whose piece ended up on the invitation! Another nice surprise.

But for now it's laundry and email triage, so I'm going to get back to it. 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, if only for a few days! Good to know you're back in the 'hood and that your work is out in the world. Lotsa' news from here, and a move coming up soon. Closing scheduled for Sept 13th, immediate possession, so I have just over six weeks to organize and clear out. Yikes.... May Crested Butte be a fruitful festival for you.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...