Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Exhibition News: The Wildlife Experience in Art


Opening this weekend in Denver!

The Wildlife Experience in Art
The inaugural exhibition of the Rocky Mountain Animal Artists,
regional members of The Society of Animal Artists.
September 28, 2013 through January 5, 2014
10035 Peoria Street, Parker, Colorado
1 mile east of I-25 on Lincoln Ave.


Two linocuts by SAA Signature Member Sherrie York (that's me!) are included in this juried exhibition. As an added bonus, I will be presenting a brief reduction linocut demonstration during the "Wildlife Art & Wine" event on Saturday, September 28. Event details and tickets are available from The Wildlife Experience website, or call 720-488-3344 for more information.

Here's a sneak preview of my demo piece. It's the fastest I ever put one together: first five colors down in a day! (How? Small format, simple design, very short print run.) All that's left to print is the black!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...