Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back to work: New linocut in progress

Okay then. No more 2013. Goodbye and good riddance, I say. And welcome 2014! It's about time you got here.

Believe it or not I was still trying to get work done during the several weeks of transiency and illness. I needed some sanity! Of course, I'm not too sure if this linocut as it's unfolding so far can be counted as sane, but you know what I mean.

The first step was posted some time in the last few weeks, but let's just start over and make the process all tidy, shall we? You know how much I like tidy.

Step 1: Plain ol' blue. Know what it is yet?
Step 2: Blue to gray blend. How about now?
Step 3: A spot-inked chunk of red. Does it make sense now?

No, it probably doesn't make any sense yet. And to tell you the truth, I already have two more steps finished and it still doesn't make much sense. Either I have gone completely round the bend on this one or we're all suffering from a shared delusion that printmaking is a reasonable activity for grownups and people who need to make a living. Sounds like a great way to start a new year to me.

4 comments:

  1. I think I know what the red shape is :)

    Look forward to seeing if I'm right or horribly wrong!

    Ann L

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea :)

    printmaking is a reasonable activity for grown-ups, just maybe not a sane one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you saw the "plain ol' blue" here today, you'd need sun glasses!
    here's to more printing fun.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...