Thursday, June 5, 2014

Linocut in Progress: The mountain

So  here it is... proof that I was not kidding when I said that crazy purple was going to be snow.

Sunset linocut: Step 6, the mountain emerges. I left this image file
embiggenable with a click if you'd like a better look.

Fun, eh?

I think one more dark is in order... in the lower parts of the mountains and maybe just a wee bit in the clouds. I like the tone of the clouds as it is now, but I'm afraid that another dark in the foreground will kill the drama.

With the snow fields defined, Salida-area locals ought to be able to identify the peaks.  At least I hope they can.

Unfortunately the big finish will have to wait until next week, since I'm off to Denver for the weekend. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Such a depth ! It's becoming a dramatic landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really nice Sherri! Love how you handled the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Good luck with the Summer Art Market, if I'm not to late with well-wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...