Monday, April 20, 2015

"Environments: Pressed," an exhibition to benefit the Rocky Mountain Land Library

I am delighted to announce a solo exhibition of my linocuts at the Denver Architecture Collaborative.


Environments: Pressed

Opening reception: First Friday, May 1, 5:00-9:00pm
863 Santa Fe Drive
In the heart of the Santa Fe Arts District

A portion of the proceeds will support the Rocky Mountain Land Library, an organization near and dear to my heart. The RMLL is the brain child of Jeff Lee and Ann Martin, who envision a residential research and retreat center on the Buffalo Peaks Ranch in South Park, Colorado.

I've mentioned the RMLL before, but this time I have two spectacular links to which I can send you to learn more.

The first is this great article which appeared just last week in the New York Times: Envisioning a Colorado Haven for Readers, Nestled Amid Mountains of Books.

The second is the Rocky Mountain Land Library's own website.

I'll be leading a field sketching/illustrated journal workshop at the Buffalo Peaks site in September, but in the meantime please join us on May 1 if you're in the Denver area.

2 comments:

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...