Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's Happening? Exhibitions Everywhere!
You've still got about a month to see my linocut show Field, Forest, and Feathers at the Walden Pond Visitor Center in Concord, Massa...
-
One of the many events during the upcoming Birds in Art weekend at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum is "Artists in Action." E...
-
"The Linocut Jig." Sounds like it should be a piece of contemporary Celtic music, eh? As promised, some pix and descriptions of m...
Ooh, can't wait to see how it comes out!
ReplyDeleteDo you press all your pieces by hand (without an actual press?)? The color is so even! I could never get color like that with my spoon!
Jen
Hi Jen!
ReplyDeleteYup, everything without a press. For the first colors I use a baren, which gives a fairly even and not-too-thick ink impression. I do a lot of "peeking" before I pull the print up all the way off the block, checking coverage. (Potentially dangerous, since the whole thing could slide.)
Spoon for the last color... typically I want to REALLY control the coverage at the end, so with a spoon I can rub one line at a time. Tedious on big prints, lemme tell ya!