Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy End of the Old Year!

Oh, beloved readers of Brush and Baren, my apologies for long silence this month. I've been down with The Crud for a couple of weeks, during which time I was also technically homeless. I'm still coughing but finally upright and returned to my temporary housing situation, so almost ready to return to adventures in printmaking.

Today I felt well enough for a little walk around my patch... which probably did more for my recovery than the assortment of meds I've been chugging.


While I was out I picked up a couple of little willow twigs to bring back and draw. It's been too, too long since I have drawn anything just for me, which seems clear when I regard my impatience with the process and my less-than-stellar results. But I did it, and that was good.



My plans for the remainder of this week include continued recovery (oh please oh please), some year-end administrative tasks, and some print time. It's safe to say that 2013 has been one of my least favorite years ever,* so I'm looking forward to putting this one on a shelf and getting a fresh start in the new year.

(As a friend said recently, "It's enough to make one triskaidekaphobic!" So one good thing that came out of this year: a legitimate excuse to use that word in a sentence!)

6 comments:

  1. Here's to a better year ahead!And maybe a few more sweet little sketches? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good health, best wishes and great art for you in 2014. Hope to see you again in the future-maybe at a journalkeepers' retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are unwell. Wishing you good health and fantabulous 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sherrie and get well soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your new prints over the year to come. Your work is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I walked to the studio today for the first time in a couple of weeks AND I made it without having to spend 30 minutes coughing once I arrived. Major steps forward on all fronts! Thank you for your good wishes, which are no doubt the energy behind recovery. A big hug from me... (the germless kind!)

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...