Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Linocut in Progress: more guillemot

Just a wee bit more progress on the guilly lino... WAYYYY too much to do right now after weeks of being sub-par. Some days I really wish I could afford an assistant to take care of all the administrative tasks that go with self-employment. Ooph.

The next pass was a transparent gray... adding texture to the rocks, providing a darker shade of green, and more tone to the upper dark all in one step!

It's time now to sit back and scratch my head about what the next step will be. I know that some of the rock and plant areas will be cleared, but what to do about that upper background?

Guillemot linocut: Step 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...