Thursday, January 8, 2015

Linocut exhibition at Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center

On Monday, with the help of the ever-capable photographer and hospital liaison Dan Downing (go look at his work), I installed my first exhibition of the year at the Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center (HRRMC).

The blank wall awaits, and the puzzle commences. What goes where?

When this facility opened in 2008, board members had the fantastic insight to approach local artists first when they established their art collection. I was, of course, delighted when six of my linocuts were included in that initial purchase. One of those pieces hangs in the emergency room, and it's always amusing when someone approaches me with "Hey, I was in the emergency room with a broken leg, but it was nice to see your work," or better yet, "I was really pleased to see your work while waiting for my colonoscopy."

Still shuffling, but getting close.

This exhibition hangs in the main hallway between reception and the cafeteria, so I anticipate less traumatically-inspired commentary. At least I hope so! The work will be up for the entire first quarter of 2015, show ends March 31.

Finished! Two views, since it's hard to get a good shot down a hallway.

2 comments:

  1. "I was really pleased to see your work while waiting for my colonoscopy."

    LOL!! I'd have a really hard time not making a joke about that somehow if someone said that to me :p

    the art looks great on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I'm going to have to make an excuse to go over to the hospital to see it. No, I'm not going to slip and break something.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...