Monday, June 28, 2021

There went June! What's next?

Sneaking in work on a little single-color linocut

Wow. Talk about mental and physical whiplash. I don't know how it is where you are, but in my particular corner of the universe things went from zero to warp speed in the space of about 48 hours. In May we were still masking, distancing, isolating, and, I admit, hand-wringing about the future. Suddenly it's the end of June and I feel like things are not only back to the "usual" summer busy-ness... but beyond it.

So far this month, let's see... I've led 7 days of in-person workshops, narrated three Puffin Watch cruises, designed and illustrated a big interpretive sign project, and framed a pile of artwork for galleries and shows. Oh. And I took a class and had visitors from out of state. 

Whew. Is the summer over yet? Oh, wait. It's only just started!

SO. What's coming up in July? More puffin cruises with the Hardy Boat out of New Harbor. (Look for me on weekend trips.) An online class for the Farnsworth Art Museum. Workshops and a presentation for the Wendell Gilley Art Museum. And, hopefully, I'm going to get a little studio time in there somehow!

3 comments:

  1. still in lock down here, supposed to come out soon but not sure that will happen since numbers keep going up. would love to go looking for puffins, but prob not going to happen. would def end up falling off a cliff the way my walking has been going lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I took two tumbles this spring... in retrospect I think I broke a kneecap, but it never stopped me from walking so I was never sure. I hope you all can get on top of vaccinations soon and get on with things!

      Delete
    2. ouch!! you can still walk on parts of the leg that are broken, so you might have broken it.

      Delete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...