Friday, August 26, 2011

It's about time!


Q: How long has it been since we've had THIS sort of image on this blog?

A: WAAAAYYY too long.


I put the new "Baby" Jig through its paces and I'm happy to say that so far it works a treat. The only minor problem is that it slides around on the table more than the Big Jig. This can be solved with some of that grippy drawer liner, which I don't have at the moment but will get soon.

The process of printing again after long hiatus felt a bit like getting on a bike after an even longer hiatus. A bit wobbly and hard to control, but no major crashes. The image I decided to work on suddenly seems not nearly as great as I thought when I started, but we'll see how it goes. I won't have the opportunity to get the next color on until next week, so maybe I'll have a better idea by then.

1 comment:

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...