Monday, June 27, 2011

Linocut icons... again!

Duck, goose, carousel, train! Still to come: deer, fish, cowboys and grain!

Printmaking reports here at ol' Brush and Baren have been on the slim side lately. Due to The Way of Things, I find myself slammed with contract illustration projects and workshop preps and paltry little time for linocuts. Between you and me, I'm a tad grumpy about it.

You can imagine, then, the cheer I found in a contract for more linocut icons for the Southeast Colorado Heritage Area project. Today I finally got to settle in for a longish carving stint... four new little pieces are ready to print. Nine more to go. (Yippee!)

2 comments:

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...