Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Birds in Art this Weekend!

Linocut demo at last year's Birds in Art extravaganza.
This year you all already know what my demo piece will
be! That almost-finished-duck will theoretically get finished
on Saturday.
I wasn't able to finish the gull today, just too much going on in advance of one more out-of-town trip. I start my journey eastward tomorrow and on Thursday I'll be in Wisconsin for the opening of Birds in Art at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. It's always an honor to have one's work selected for this prestigious event... and it's a delight to attend the opening festivities.

In the absence of a finished linocut, I'd like to share an article I came across earlier this week. "Art is Hard" is an excellent musing on "talent" and the perception of artistic skills. Thanks, Matthew Innis, for voicing some of my own discomfort with the "T" word.

I'll be back the beginning of next week, ready to wrap up that gull and hopefully to show you the end result of that crazy duck piece. Ta ta for now!

(OH! PS: If you're in the Wausau, Wisconsin area this weekend, come on by the public opening on Saturday morning. I'll be working on that duck from 9:15-10:30 in the Woodson Museum garden. I'm #8 on the map.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...