Saturday, February 28, 2009

No easier to follow


Sorry, gang... I'm having a dickens of a time getting decent shots of these print stages. Colors 6 and 7 (darker orange-brown and light green) went down this evening. Pajamas were NOT involved. I'm not sure what that means.

Anyway... ink colors will be getting darker from here, so hopefully something will start resolving itself soon. Otherwise I'm going to have a nice stack of paper to chop up for collages or book covers or something.

I've somehow managed to get myself completely swamped again, so the DM and I are going to make a run for it and get out of town for a little perspective tomorrow. Not going far, just to Leadville to poke around, have some lunch, consider our respective and collective futures. You know, easy stuff.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying your process, Sherrie and finding your patience and attention to detail awesome. This print will knock your socks off when you get the darks on. (I'm writing this in my pyjamas - you've started a trend).

    Leadville looks like a glorious retreat - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn... I'm definitely working outside my comfort zone on this one... Keeping my fingers AND toes crossed for a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working outside your comfort zone in thinking about your future? Or with this print? Either way, you're stuck with the fact that your brain works differently than others. If you get a stack of papers to cut up, I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who shrinks in horror at reductions I find myself being sucked in deeper at each post. Looking forward to seeing it all resolved!

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...