Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Steps toward recovery


The fifth color went down on the pine cone linocut this morning. I was awake at 6:00 again, so wandered bleary-eyed downstairs and got to work. I'm still uncertain about how things are going here, but intend to reserve judgment until the darker colors start going down.

You can see in the ink-up that I left one corner devoid of this orange-y color. None of it appears there, so it wasn't necessary to roll ink. I think things are still going to look rather nebulous for at least one more color pass, and then hopefully the image will begin to resolve. It's like a painfully slow movie with poorly translated subtitles, isn't it? Really difficult to follow.



In other news, this afternoon I'm off to the Salida Museum to do some research for an interp project for the Collegiate Peaks Byway. The museum is actually closed this time of year, but one of the volunteers offered to help me dig through the photo archives to see what we can find pertinent to our goals. It's too bad I have to focus on work today, because I'm intrigued by the possibility of getting in there to make some drawings. One thing at a time, I guess. Dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...