Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Good things come in threes


Well! At the end of a long and brain-mushing day I received a nice little correspondence from the Director of the Xavier University Art Gallery, to which I had applied for another juried exhibition. (The third such application I proffered this summer, and the astounding third success!)

Hooray! We're in! The juror, Dr. Eric Lee of the Taft Museum of Art in Cincinnati, Ohio, selected 76 pieces from 433 entries for the exhibition. Two of those 76 will be familiar to readers of Brush and Baren. Linocuts "Early Snow - Ponderosa Pine" and "Shadows and Reflections" both evolved before our very eyes right here in the blogosphere.

The exhibition doesn't open until September 26, and it runs through November 7. I'm sure I'll make more noise about it as it gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...