Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ditch linocut color 6



True to The Sherrie Way of Printmaking, I decided halfway through this color run that I need 2 more colors, not 1 more. Is anyone surprised? I hope not.

I'm still feeling ambivalent about the blue... but holding out on changes until the other colors go down. Really the best way to change it at this point would be to make a second plate.... an idea which fills me with a modicum of horror.

I'll carve tonight, but it will be the weekend (probably) before the next color gets pulled. I'm off on a site visit all day tomorrow, and Friday I'll be getting ready for our booth at the Saturday Farmers Market! 8:00am-12:30pm at Alpine Park in Salida. David will be playing selections from the new CD and I'll be hawking linocuts and handmade books. Come see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...