Sunday, May 11, 2008

At least the boxes are in a different place now....

There's a song I can only vaguely remember... name of band, tune, and most of the lyrical content are lost to me.... but it's about moving. The lines I DO remember have to do with strong buddies and boxes and needing more beer and getting kinda grumpy.

We are most fortunate to have an unbelievable cadre of strong and able buddies who are willing to pitch in and shift a house in a mere 3 1/2 hours. They remain steadfastly NONgrumpy and are easily sated with beer and pizza and MnMs. I don't know what we'd do without them. And, of course, having such able and enthusiastic helpers means we've already had a party in the new place. Such a deal.

Pizza and beer in the new living room.

So. We woke this morning in the new house... morning sun in the bedroom windows and fumes of fresh paint in our noses. (Forecast last night called for a mere 21 F! No sleeping with the windows open for us!) Our house internet won't be hooked up until Tuesday, so we packed up our gear and walked down to the Salida Cafe for coffee, tea, and a web fix.

A few more minutes, another cup of coffee for the DM, and we'll head back up the street. The Plan for today is to get my studio in at least functional order, since I need to get back to work ASAP this week. Of course, it's a lot like that little sliding tiles game: one open space into which you push an adjacent tile until somehow a picture is miraculously formed. Yesterday the problem was that I couldn't find the empty space into which I could start sliding things, but today it all seems a tad more clear. I have to CREATE the empty space by doing something with all these books. :-)

Some of the 40+ boxes of reading material.
I donated a bunch of stuff to the library bookstore before the move. Really, I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...