Sunday, June 3, 2007

Gotcha!


Last year I waited all season for the wild iris to bloom along the river. Every day I walked past the little clumps of buds.... impatient for them to open.

Which they, of course, did while I was away.


Early last week I saw that this season's bloom was underway, but this morning was the first opportunity to eek out an hour to run down there and make a sketch. Some of the clusters have faded already (she who hesitates is lost)... but there are a few at their peak. And a few left to bloom.


I'm home for a bottle of water and a hair scrunchy... forget work, I'm gonna go draw. (Oh, wait. Drawing IS my work!)

2 comments:

  1. June 1 was the first day of winter here but something's gone awry with the seasons. Spring-flowering trees have already come into blossom at work. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are plenty of times when I've wished I could skip winter altogether... crawl into bed and come out in spring... but there's something definitely awry when winter itself indulges in such behavior.

    ReplyDelete

Opening this weekend! SAGA 89th Annual Members Exhibition

In the Shallows reduction linocut © Sherrie York 12" x 12" - Edition of 20 If you are in New York City this weekend, why not head ...