Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Overdue thanks and kudos

A ridiculously, embarrassingly long time ago, Toni at A Spattering was kind enough to tag me with both the "Arte y Pico" and "Brillante Blog" awards.

Only now am I getting around to passing the torch... I have several excuses, so if you would like to hear them, let me know. Otherwise, we'll just skip it.

Here's how we play:

Arte y Pico
The following 5 rules are attached to this award:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and that also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.

4. The Award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte Y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these rules.

And.... the Brillante Weblog Premio!

Since this one is dated 2008, I'd REALLY better get the lead out. Not too many days left in the year!

The following rules are attached to this award:
* Put the logo on my blog.

* Add a link to the person who awarded me.

* Nominate at least 7 other blogs and add links to those blogs on mine.

* Leave a message for my nominees on their blogs.


Since I am inspired by a wide variety of blogs (unable to focus?), I'm tagging a pile of folks. They're fun, brilliant, inspiring, amusing, and passionate about all sorts of things. My kinda people.

My Arte y Pico nominees are: Colors Outside the Lines, Have Dogs Will Travel, Dr. T's Teaching Blog, Paintings, Prints and Stuff, Soulsong Art, and The Illustrated Garden. Oh. And John Steins' Art Journal. And let's give Brillante Awards to Rural Chatter, Community of the Land, Hurricane Art, Making a Mark, A Snail's Eye View, and Visualizing Evolution. Probably that's too many for one and not enough for the other, but surely that gives everyone enough to read for a while, eh?

Now I get to deliver all the good news! (And of course I'm hoping that everyone knows that they're not really obliged to play, AND they don't have to worry about taking longer to get around to it than I did!)


9 comments:

  1. Thanks Sherrie for the mention - and you're right, I don't participate in these 'pass it on' schemes as I've had rather too many requests in the past. Hopefully I offend noone in this way

    I'm very happy with any scheme where somebody says who are the blogs they rate and leaves it at that! :)

    Thanks again though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm stunned and flattered. Thanks so much, Sherrie. :-)

    I'll correspond with you a bit more about it later--I'm currently in the throes of some elder care, and will have more time to sit and think later this evening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the first recommendation, Colors Outside the Lines, which is a fine name, and immediately read a post mentioning synesthesia ... specifically, Kandinsky and his association of color with sound and music. I was just speaking with a friend about his teenage daughter's synesthesia, which he found out about only a few years ago when they were discussing her difficulties with math when she was A+ in everything else. She finally said, "The colors get in the way." Many people (relatively speaking) have this association, something far stronger than mere metaphorical thinking. I was fascinated. But I wonder how this might affect the Xmas Bird Count? If you have an unknown synesthete in the count and a sudden rush of wood ducks ensues, would you trust the numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Sherrie :>)

    after a hectic day - errrm week - that was a lovely boost :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sherrie.

    Me too, that is certainly a great boost. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're all quite welcome, of course. Small thanks for all you do to inspire, entertain and, yes, kick me in the @#$% from time to time.

    Jeff: Of COURSE we can trust those numbers. We hum them sequentially, and then divide by purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sherrie. :)

    Haven't been posting much lately but I have been reading. Must get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The Nutcracker Suite
    In the dark is a Two

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this is a Christmas treat! I'm delighted to be mentioned, Sherrie. Thank you. I will pass it on as soon as I'm able to clear the decks of Christmas chores. It may well be 2009 by then!

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...