Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Something to do while we're waiting

Some time ago, for better or worse, I joined the listserv for the Mid-America Print Council. From time to time I receive interesting exhibition notices (2 of the juried shows I entered and was accepted to last year came through MAPC notices) and opportunities to fantasize over posted job notices. And, as one might expect, from time to time I get to roll my eyes at self-important statements made by academicians. (Don't get me started about the run-in I had with someone whose thesis premise was that the only real printmaking was done in atelier settings. No one working alone outside of academia could POSSIBLY have anything socially valid to contribute. Grrrrrrr!)

ANYWAY.

This morning.... oooh, whee! The listserv sent us something fun to look at. John Hitchcock at Hybrid Press attached this lovely photo of the Museum Plantin-Moretus in Antwerp, Belgium to his post, so of course I had to find out more. John's got more pictures on his blog, and I'm definitely going to spend a little more time at the museum website.


But that's not all! Who'dathunk printmakers would have their own social network? Who needs Facebook? Printmakers have Inkteraction! Blogs, personal pages, artwork galleries, video galleries, exhibition notices... it's going to take a while to sort through this one!

Closer to home... I think I'm narrowing down the idea stream for the next lino. Just in time for the client projects to get fired back up and start demanding my attention, of course. But I did order more ink and paper yesterday- first step towards actual accomplishment.

2 comments:

  1. wow, I will be teaching the subject of printmaking to elementary students this week in Virgina. I love this information. It is just wonderful. Thank you
    Rebecca Snow
    rsnowdd@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rebecca!

    I'm glad you could find something useful here. Elementary kids are great to get started in printmaking, good luck to you. I'd love to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...