Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hanging out to dry - "Runoff" linocut

Well. Okay, then.
Eleven colors all together. Really, it's the limit of what I can do by hand with any sort of grace and aplomb, at least in my current level of expertise. Always looking to improve, of course... and always happy to have learned something.

"Runoff" - reduction linocut - 6" x 9"

Tomorrow my attention turns back to some contract assignments... at least it will once I send tonight's surprise company on their way. 'Tis the season when all roads at least go through Salida... it's a good thing we finally got that spare room functional!

Mystery countdown: FIVE!

2 comments:

  1. I like this very much. It is surprising what marvellous images can be had from looking at a small patch of ground. I might have to have a go at this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    Eleven is a lot of colours.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...